Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Asia Business Conference 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 5:45 PM (PDT)
You are invited to
2012 Berkeley Asia Business Conference!
The 2012 Berkeley Asia Business Conference, the largest student-run event on the West Coast about Asia, will take place on 17th March at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business campus. This year's theme of "The Emerged Market - Epicenter of growth, consumption, and innovation" seeks to explore new businesses/innovations coming up from Asian countries and spreading into the world. Please join over 500 Bay Area professionals and graduate students!
- G. Paul Matthews, Founder, Director and Portfolio Manager, Matthews International Capital Management, highly renowned independent investment management firm focused on Asia
- Paul Cheng, Author of "On Equal Terms", Board Member and Advisor to companies in China and Asia as well as being active in the private equity arena
- Wayne Dai, Founder, Chairman, President and CEO of VeriSilicon Holdings, Cal alumnus, recognized as The Ernst Young Entrepreneur of The Year in China
With Comments from:
- Dean Rich Lyons of the UC Berkeley-Haas School of Business and Former Chief Learning Officer at Goldman Sachs
- Clean Tech Clean technology arena: is there a war between the East and the West?
- Damian Chan, International Director for Americas, Singapore Economic Development Board
- Gerd Goette, Managing Partner, Siemens Venture Capital
- Jit Bhattacharya, CEO, Mission Motors
- Matt Lecar, Principal of Smart Grid Strategy, GE Energy
- Finance Asia: Managing the Next Phase of Growth
- Christine Banian, Manager, Stanford Management Company
- Hanson Li, Managing Director of Hina Group
- Koji Asada, Deputy General Manager, Asian Corporate Banking Division, New York, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Matthew Timm, Senior Portfolio Manager, BlackRock
- Theodore Kuh, Former Managing Director & Co-Head Global Retail Group, Citigroup
- Brandon Hill, Founder CEO, btrax
- Mark Beckford, CEO, NetBridge Global, Inc
- Nam Do, CEO, Emotiv
- Shirley Lin, Director of Business Development and Executive Vice President of Asia Operations, Beintoo
- Angela Chitkara, Founder and CEO, US-India Corridor
- Ashwin Raj, Head, Visa Mobile, Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Karen Loane, Principal at ZS Associates
- Seth Freeman, CEO at EM Capital Management, LLC, (SEC regulated) Emerging Markets, India focused and ESG/SRI investment manager
- Som Shankar Das, Managing Director, Business Accelerator LLC
- Networking sessions with the professionals from leading companies
See our web site for more details!
Berkeley Asia Business Conference Team
When & Where
Asia Business Conference
The mission of the Berkeley Asia Business Conference is to be the premier student-run conference on doing business in Asia. We achieve this by building on UC Berkeley's tradition of collaborative engagement with business, academic and political leadership in the US and Asia. Today's attendees are, and will be, tomorrow's business leaders.
Together with our guests, we will create a stimulating forum for these current and future business leaders to meet and exchange ideas on topics & opportunities in Asian business, year after year.